Monday 2 September 2013

So Far So Good!

The first week is always the hardest. I have to say I'm glad it's over, because now I can relax and enjoy TY!
The first day was nerve wracking, as I found out my TY class and who all my teachers were. My biggest fear was not being in a class with my friends, but luckily I am! I like my timetable, I like my teachers and I really think TY is going to be great. By the end of the first day, I was very tired but extremely happy. I was excited for school the next day, which was different! 


The next day was just as good as we were assigned projects and were told about the trips we'll be going on. I wasn't expecting to be jumping in to projects so soon, so it came as a surprise! In religion I am doing a project with my friends on the sixth Millennium Goal, which is reducing the spread of HIV and Aids. I am also doing a project on Wexford for geography. Our class is taking a trip to the Yeats museum in November and another to Castletown House sometime soon. I'm very excited to be going to the Yeats museum, as I've been meaning to do that for a while but haven't had a chance. In about two weeks we're going to Carlingford Adventure Centre, which should be interesting. 

I'm starting work experience in a few weeks. My first placement is in a music shop, but I haven't got my other placements yet. I'm hoping to get my others in either a recording studio, a film studio or a charity of some sort, maybe the ISPCC or Bernardos, as I would really like to work in places like that when I'm finished school.

I guess that's it for now, but expect more updates soon! 
-Caoimhe

No comments:

Post a Comment